The CJ-8 is what started it all for us. We love the looks and the history of this classic and unique Jeep and want to help anyone interested in restoring their CJ-8 to its stock pickup look with our half hardtop and bulkhead packaged together. This cab is also designed to be used with CJ-7 or YJ model Jeeps as well by purchasing the YJ/CJ-7 Half Cab Conversion Kit with our custom lower bulkhead.
Having used and restored several stock OEM half hardtops over the years, GR8TOPS pinpointed the problems with how these hardtops mounted. The GR8TOPS kits are designed after the original look of the factory CJ8 half hardtop, but with several aesthetic and functional improvements to the factory original half hardtop.
- “Smoothed out” door opening channels that were notorious for cracking, rotting and breaking off
- Five ribs added to the roof:
- Provide additional arch strength to keep the “dome” on the roof
- Help divert water forward over the windshield or backward into the bed instead of draining into the door openings
- Greatly improved front mounting setup for the top to the windshield frame that uses a reinforced mounting lip that spans the entire width of the top and adjustable latches
The CJ-8 half hardtop kit comes with the following items:
- Half hardtop (standard black texture inside)
- Clear sliding glass window with anodized aluminum frame and locking window
- Lower bulkhead closeout panel specifically designed to match the GR8TOPS half hardtop
- 3 quick release adjustable cam tension latches to attach hardtop to windshield
- 1 hardware pack for mounting the bulkhead to the body
- 1 hardware pack for mounting the hardtop to the body rails and bulkhead lip
These tops will also fit the Aqualu aluminum replacement CJ7, CJ8, bobbed CJ8, and the short cab bodies.
|AVAILABLE UPGRADE OPTIONS
|Black Textured Gel Coat
This item is oversized and shipped by one of our preferred LTL truck freight carriers. Business address delivery is preferred but not required. Residential Delivery available for additional $75 charge. Customers may also pickup at the nearest local freight terminal. Orders may be picked up at our location, but will incur the local 7% South Carolina Sales tax. Please see the freight information page for approximate freight costs and additional shipping information.
All tops are made to order to give you a 100% custom top with all the options that you want. Because of this we do not stock any kits and our lead times vary depending on current demand. For current lead times please call our shop M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (803)-443-6288 or send an email to GR8TOPS@Gmail.com.
GR8TOPS can perform full installations and conversions in our shop in Lexington, SC. We also have our own spray on bedliner system to completely seal and protect the rear of your jeep after we install your GR8TOPS half hardtop kit. Please see our Installation page for more details and approximate pricing. Installations are by appointment only and normally can be completed in 1-2 business days depending on the options requested.