Here at GR8TOPS, we love anything old school Jeep. The Alaskan Cab oozes old school Jeep.
Modeled after the rare Alaskan postal Scramblers, these unique looking hardtops give your 1997-2006 Wrangler TJ an appearance like nothing on the market today. This top has hardcore roots in (somewhat obscure) Jeep history and is Proudly Made In The U.S.A.
The complete hardtop kit consists of the following basic body panels
- two side panels that wrap around the rear corners of the Jeep
- two door surround panels that bolt to the side panels and attach to the windshield frame
- one roof panel complete with integrated drip rail and inner shell for mounting accessories
- one upper tailgate panel that contains the rear door window and which converts your tailgate into a full-height rear barn door
This multi-panel design gives you two options on removing the top:
1. Each of the five panels that comprise the top can be unbolted individually to be removed from the Jeep.
2. You can remove the whole hardtop at once like a traditional hardtop.
Aside from the unique multi-panel design, these tops feature:
- Easily removable rear barn door upper insert that opens with the tailgate
- Integrated inner roof support system and center console that allows mounting of minor accessory items (CB, small switch panels etc)
- Exterior finish of body panels to color match your Jeep
- Large Open Side Panels Ideal for Body Wraps & Decals
The pricing of the hardtop kits now includes automotive paint on the side panels and your choice of white or black exterior smooth gelcoat on the roof panel. The side panels are sent to our partner body shop and are painted in a automotive basecoat and clearcoat to match your Jeep’s paint code.
The interior finish on the side panels is a black gelcoat textured finish. The finish on the interior of the roof panels is white smooth gelcoat. The exterior of the roof panel can be your choice of smooth black or white gelcoat. Please call for pricing on any other preference on any finishes.
Although we highly recommend doing the automotive paint on your side panels, we can ship you the hardtop kit in what we call “raw, unpainted” if you wish to do the painting and body work yourself. If we ship the panels in raw/unpainted format we also do not install the windows for obvious reasons of having to work around them for painting and prep work. In addition to having the panels painted, you will also be installing the windows as well.
From our experience, most body shops charge between $600-$800 to paint the side panels. With our partner body shop, we can usually do it for less than if you took the top to a body shop yourself. Additionally, we would much rather send you a completed, painted hardtop you can put on your jeep right out of the box.
Below is a list of available configuration options and pricing. Once you select these options for your top on the shopping cart pricing will adjust accordingly.
Check out our install video here! https://youtu.be/FIAIEbhG0GY
|Base price hardtop and roof panels – side panels color matched
|LED third brake light
|Interior Dome Lights (1 Double & 1 Single Dome Lights)
|Roof rack – includes crossbar mounting feet, tracks, crossbars, hardware and installation
See our other page for the status of the LJ version. There is currently no JK version but please keep watch on our facebook page and/or subscribe to our newsletter for any updates and/or direction on those models. We will not be doing any product development for Alaskan Cabs for CJ or YJ.
Generally speaking because of the color configurations and roof combinations, these tops are built to order. Allow approximately 2-3 weeks build time from when order is placed.
The truck freight pricing calculations may vary from that the automated calculations on shipping may show. Please call us for most up to date freight pricing.
Please be sure you visit the public Facebook photo album (no FB account needed) to view recent pictures and installs HERE.
Give us a call to get more details on how to start the build of your Safari Top for your TJ or LJ 803-443-6288